Our PE Extra-curricular programme has been extremely popular so far this year with record numbers of pupils turning up to trials, sports practice and recreational clubs. The PE reception is buzzing at 3pm when the bell goes with droves of pupils who want to get involved.
Highlights do far:
- Club links with Manchester Magic and Sale FC delivering after-school sessions
- 78 students turn up for year 7 football trials
- Roller disco with over 70 students attending
- Cross Country at John Leigh Park
- Year 7 Rugby team unbeaten so far.
- Great start to football season with years 7-10 (including B teams) unbeaten so far.
- SHRED club (skiing and snow-boarding) with record numbers attending.
Clubs and fixtures do vary from time to time so keep an eye on our fixtures calendar on the website under helpful links. Pupils are expected to make a note of activities in their planners of what they are attending so that you are well informed.
If an event or fixture is taking place during the school day, pupils will be given a permission letter for you to sign. However, if the event or fixture is after school it is the responsibility of the pupil and parent to communicate so that you know what is happening.
With loads of different clubs and year groups using the changing room after school, it important students don’t leave valuables in the changing rooms. Please take with you and hand to a member of staff to look after. PE staff will not be held accountable for items that go missing after school.
Watch this space for Ninja Warrior and Inflation Nation club starting soon. See Mr Doody for more detail.