‘It’s not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up’ (Vince Lombardi)
PE Extra-curricular highlights:
- Year 7 Rugby made history after beating St Ambrose 35-30. The team went behind early, conceding a few early tries. After a motivational team talk from captain Fraser Gillan, the boys stepped it up to finish on top in extra time, with Tom O’Callaghan scoring the winner. This is the first time Ashton has beaten this rugby specialist school and maintain their unbeaten record this year, currently it stands at 14-0 for the season. Well done boys.
- Year 9/10 girls’ Basketball team came runners up in their group to qualify for the Trafford finals. Highlight was beating Stretford Grammar 10-0! Player of competition was Lilly Hayes.
- Alternative lunch activities are proving popular with 47 pupils now attending’ dodgeball’.
- 28 Year 10 PE leaders hosted Year 2 Multi-Skills Primary Festival with 120 pupils from The Firs and Woodheys primary school attending.
- The GCSE PE pupils hit the slopes at the Chill Factore on Thursday night to complete their GCSE PE Skiing and Snowboarding practical assessments. The night was a real success and big thank you to Miss Cooper who organised a wonderful evening to try and help maximise the pupils’ practical grades. The evening didn’t finish until 10pm!
- Keep up to date with our Fixtures Calendar. This can be found on the school website under helpful links (http://aomschool.co.uk/pe-fixtures-results/)
- Due to popular demand the PE department have booked a bigger bus for Oxygen Freejumping. 15 new places are now available @ £6 per session, to be paid to the centre on the night. If parents/ careers would like financial support, please contact Mr Doody.
- USA Ski & Snowboard trip 2019 is now confirmed. Sign up via ParentPay
- New lessons for SHRED (skiing and snowboarding) Club are available for after half term. Sign up now via ParentPay (limited spaces available)
- There are several parents evenings on this half term and this may effect some clubs. We ask pupils to double check that clubs are still on with PE staff on each occasion.