26th June 2017
View or download past Heads Letters
using the drop down menu.
Dear Parents/ Carers,
The exam season is now drawing to a close, with the last GCSE exam taking place today. We hope all the pupils who have been studying hard over the last few months have a well-deserved rest and that the summer sun shines bright for them in the next two months before we receive exam results at the end of August. The pupils have certainly showed us their appetite to succeed in the past term and we hope they reap the rewards of their hard work when they receive their results. We look forward to celebrating with Year 11 again in two weeks’ time at the Prom.
Internal exams are nearly complete and staff are busy collating our end of term reports which will be sent home over the next few weeks. The next few weeks includes a number of extra school activities which pupils will certainly benefit from participating in and the curriculum is still being delivered across the school, so it is vital that pupils maximise their attendance and punctuality and not miss vital learning over the remaining few weeks. Please do not allow your child to take time off unnecessarily during the final weeks. Excellent attendance and punctuality have a real correlation to exam success and we cannot afford for pupils to slip behind at this vital time of the year. Thank you for your support in this matter.
Additional Dates for your Diary
- 30th June – INSET Day : School closed for all pupils
- 4th July – Sports Day
- 6th July – Year 6 Induction day & Parent’s Evening
- 7th July – Year 11 Prom
- 10th – 14th July – Year 10 Work Experience Week
- 13th July – Sports Awards Evening
- 14th July – Rewards Day
- 20th July – School closes for summer (12 noon)
- 23rd July – 1st August – South Africa Trip
- 21st – 26th July – Holland Cycle Trip
- 6th – 14th August – Med Watersports Trip
- 17th August – A Level Results Day
- 24th August – GCSE Results Day
- 5th September – School Opens