The Full Award
Receiving the Full International School Award involved seven projects with an international focus across the school throughout the year and contact with partner schools abroad.
Listed below are details of the various projects. The majority of students were involved in at least one of these projects.
- European Day of Languages.
- International Food – Year 11 students have been sharing recipes with the school in La Reunion, which is a catering college.
- Sport and the International World – Students in Year 8 have been learning about Handball and taking part in Handball games at lunch, run by Sixth Form leaders, who went to Spain on a training course.
- The Developing World – Students had an assembly on the developing world and then chose their charity for the year ‘Kids for Kids’.
- World Book Day – two assemblies run by the leadership team.
- Remembering the Holocaust.
- The Modern Foreign Languages Department have developed links with a French school on the island of La Reunion and a Spanish school near Alicante, and GCSE students have been in contact with their peers through the creation of a PBWiki.