Newsletter 8th September
Welcome back. It has been my pleasure to meet every pupil back to school this week. It has been especially exciting to greet our new Year 7 pupils who have immediately embraced Ashton on Mersey’s values.
In addition to Year 7, I would also like to give a special welcome to Year 12. Our Sixth Form has an enhanced curriculum offer from this September with A-Levels provided alongside our existing vocational qualifications. I am delighted to report that not only are we full in Year 7 (as we always are) but we are now at capacity in Year 12 with every subject up and running. Ashton on Mersey remains an exciting and thriving place for education and it is my privilege to be Headteacher.
The beaming sunshine has meant that it has been an unusual first week back in terms of our climate for learning. I can only thank our pupils for adapting to the weather. They have been exceptional in terms of their maturity. Next week should see a return to more typical temperatures. As such, we return to our full uniform expectations (which includes a return to blazers and the wearing of tights should skirts be worn).
I am excited about the academic year ahead and look forward to working with you all in partnership. Below I have published some key dates over the coming half term.
- Thursday 14th September – Year 11 Welcome Evening, 6pm-7pm
- Thursday 21st September – Year 10 Welcome Evening
- Wednesday 27th September – School Photo Day for pupils in Year 7, 9 & 11
- Thursday 28th September – Open Evening (Pupils will be finishing school at 2:20pm)
- Tuesday 3rd October – Year 9 Welcome Evening
- Thursday 5th October – Year 7 Welcome Evening, 3:30pm-5pm
- Wednesday 11th October – Year 8 Welcome Evening
- Thursday 19th October – Year 11 2022 Leavers Celebration
- Friday 20th – 22nd October – Year 10 History London Trip
- Friday 20th October – School closes for Half Term