We acknowledge that pupils moving from primary to secondary school will find many changes and the first few weeks in a new term prove to be a difficult time for some children. We will do our best to make the transition as smooth as possible in the hope that their years at Ashton will be both happy and successful.
- We aim to provide a broad and well balanced curriculum for pupils.
- We expect pupils to accept homework as an integral part of the learning process.
- We provide extra curricular activities and expect children to be fully involved in this aspect of school life.
- We will strive to provide a well ordered and safe environment.
- We expect children to be well mannered, courteous and self disciplined.
- We believe that it is important that pupils accustom themselves to being tidy, well groomed and appropriately dressed for different kinds of activity.
- We expect all pupils to wear full school uniform.
- We expect all hair styles to be moderate and not to follow the extremes of fashion.
- We expect attendance to be regular and pupils to be punctual for school.
- We expect all pupils to respect and be courteous to both staff and fellow pupils.
- We expect all pupils to observe and carry out basic rules and instructions.
- We believe that the success of our efforts is largely dependent upon good relationships between home and school.
- It is essential that there should be a bond forged by mutual respect and friendly co-operation. This, we feel, is especially important in the initial stages of secondary education.
‘Students are exceptionally proud of their school. They enjoy and appreciate all it has to offer. Attendance is consistently above average. Students have exceptionally positive attitudes to learning and are always keen to do their best.’