As an 11 – 18 Academy, Ashton on Mersey School has overall responsibility for its own Admissions, working within the School Admissions Code of Practice.
Further details and to submit an in-year transfer request please visit www.trafford.gov.uk/admissions
Please click here for advice for parents and carers on school admission appeals from the DfE.
Parents of children who are already of secondary school age and wish to transfer to Ashton on Mersey School must apply directly to Portal Home (trafford.gov.uk).
Please note this application form is for in year transfer admission for Years 7 to 11 only. For applications to the Sixth Form, please contact Mrs G. Fox, Sixth Form Manager on 973 1179 *2601.
Please read and familiarise yourself with the following information before making your application:
- Ashton on Mersey School is currently full in all year groups and oversubscribed (i.e. there is a waiting list of applicants for each year group).
- Make sure you provide all the information requested on the form and that this information is factually correct. Any offer made will be withdrawn if it is found that parents or carers have given false information.
- Applications for an in-year transfer will normally be processed within 10 school days of receipt.
- The school will consider applications in strict accordance with the relevant published admissions policy.
- Waiting lists are ranked in accordance with our published over subscription criteria (details of which can be found in our admissions policy).
- Where no place is available, you will be notified of this in writing and your child’s name will be added to the waiting list for the relevant year group (that is, the one which corresponds to their date of birth, at the time of your application).
- Where a vacancy is available, and your child’s name is first on the waiting list for the relevant year group, you will be contacted by letter (to your home address) offering your child a place.
For many years Ashton on Mersey School has been oversubscribed meaning that places for in-year transfers are very limited indeed. Where a place is available, a written offer will be made to include arrangements for admission to the school. Allocated places must be taken up by the date specified in the offer letter.
All unsuccessful applicants will have the right to appeal to an Independent Appeals Panel in accordance with Education Act 1993.
Once you have read the above information, and are satisfied with our Admissions Policy, please submit your in-year transfer via Trafford School Admissions Portal Home (trafford.gov.uk).